Come Work with us!
Human Rights Advocate
Level: MEA level 5 base salary (dependent on skills and experience)
Hours: Part-time 20 hours per week (with some out of works hours as needed)
Are you passionate about Human Rights and social justice?
We are looking for 2 Human Rights Advocates to join our growing, dynamic team of experienced professionals.
Advocacy for Inclusion is a registered charity and Disabled Peoples Organisation providing Advocacy services, including individual, self, and systemic Advocacy, to people with disabilities in the ACT.
We are an employer of choice, and we offer generous salary packaging options and flexible working provisions. We are a family friendly workplace and support our staff to have lives outside the workplace. We are based in the Canberra City centre.
As a Human Rights Advocate, you will provide individual and Self-Advocacy support to people with disabilities in the ACT. You will work with people with disabilities to achieve their desired outcomes through:
- Having a strong understanding of individual advocacy and familiarity in working with people with disabilities.
- Working with others including organisations, support services and key stakeholders, to achieve desired outcomes for your consumers.
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Supported Decision-Making principals.
As the successful applicant you will have:
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including in alternate forms of communication.
- Current Working with Vulnerable Peoples Check (WWVP).
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage people from diverse backgrounds and life experiences to apply, including people with disabilities.
Applicants must answer the selection criteria in the in the form of a cover letter (maximum two pages) and direct them to The CEO, Mr Nicolas Lawler via firstname.lastname@example.org