Self-Advocacy helps you to develop the confidence and skill to speak up for yourself about issues or people that affect your life. Sometimes you might need support to learn these skills and to have the confidence to speak up.
Self-advocacy helps you to:
- Learn about individual rights and responsibilities
- Take responsibility for asserting your rights
- Recognise the importance of responsible decision making
- Know what the consequences of your actions will be
- Express your feelings
- Make informed decisions
- Do things independently
- Have goals and dreams, and achieve them
- Feel good about yourself
Self-advocacy is about having the knowledge and confidence to make the best decisions about your life.
For more information about our Self-Advocacy events, visit our Events page.