We contribute to submissions, consultations and policy activities with the ACT Government and Commonwealth Government. We tell them about the issues people with disabilities are facing.
We also work with like-minded community organisations to highlight areas in public and private life where the rights of people with disabilities are not being respected or upheld. Advocacy for Inclusion continues to advocate for societal and human rights change in the following key issues:
- Accommodation and forced cohabitation
- Guardianship and supported decision making
- Violence and restraint
- Equal access in the justice system
- Parenting and Child Protection
- Budget submissions and responses - ACT, nationally and internationally
- Disability Awareness Training
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
Fore more information about our Systemic Advocacy submissions, consultations and policy activities, visit our Publications page.