Connecting multicultural people with disabilities to the NDIS
Getting the right help can change people’s lives.
Do you have a disability or care for someone who could benefit from the help the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) can provide?
The Community Connectors program is here to give you culturally tailored support within your community to connect you to the NDIS.
The NDIS is a free government program that provides services and support to people with disability.
How can the NDIS help me?
Supports and services can include:
- help with your daily personal activities
- workplace help to allow you to successfully get or keep employment
- help with household tasks to allow you to maintain your home environment
- purchase of mobility aid and/or equipment.
What is a Community Connector?
Community Connectors support people from culturally and linguistically diverse and non-English speaking backgrounds to access the NDIS.
They help by acting as a liaison person between you and the NDIS.
Your Community Connector can support you to:
- apply for the NDIS
- connect you with your local NDIS contacts
- provide support for you to understand and use NDIS services better.
Access to Interpreters
If you need help understanding the content of this page, please call the Telephone Interpreter Service (131 450) and ask them to contact your local service provider above.
The National Community Connectors Program is a collaboration between the NDIS, the Federation of Ethnic Communities’ Councils and the National Ethnic Disability Alliance. It is funded by the National Disability Insurance Agency.
Go to: fecca.org.au or neda.org.au